Comments are moderated here at No Flying No Tights, so be aware that it may take a bit for comments to be approved. Our policy now is that if you have previously approved comments, you will be able to post a comment without needing to wait for approval. However, if this gets abused, we may reconsider that policy.
No spamming. If anything smacks of spam, it will likely never see the light of day on the site.
Borrowing from the lovely shorthand from folks over at io9, while we welcome debate and criticism here, we do not welcome personal attacks. You’re allowed to attack an idea, but not a person.
To break it down:
- Do not insult or call any person on the site names. And that goes for everyone — reviewers, commenters, everyone. We want this to be much like the library — a safe space for everyone to discuss and debate. Any hate speech or attacks will get you banned.
- Do not be a troll. Nobody likes them, and we won’t tolerate trolling here.
- We welcome corrections! But there’s no need to be obnoxious about it. Common courtesy applies here. I work with the public all day, and I can tell you, I’ve honed a fine sense for when someone is simply frustrated and when someone is just being a pill thinking it will get them farther. It won’t.
- Please do not use the comment box to simply link back to your own content. Any comment that contributes to discussion is welcome, but forcing a link to your own content without any actual discussion or comment will not be approved.
- If you believe you have been banned unfairly, contact me at robin at noflyingnotights.com. It may well have been a mistake, or a technical glitch.
Pretty simply, right? We love comments, and we love discussion. Just keep it courteous, and we’ll be fine.
Last updated: 02/27/2012