Here is the virtual handout for my presentation at the Massachusetts 2013 Teen Summit, presented on October 17, 2013.
Join me for the Simmons Graduate School of Library and Information Science continuing education class Teen Lit Boot Camp: Fan Works and Teen Literature starting November 1st for a more on depth look at the interactions between fan culture and teen literature.
YA Literature and Fandom Slides presented at the Masschusetts Teen Summit 2013
YA Literature and Fandom Slides presented at the Young Adult Literature Symposium, 2012
Teen Fan Interviews, 2012 (Youtube)
Fan Culture Articles
- Teen Literature and Fan Culture by Robin Brenner, Young Adult Library Services, Summer 2013.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Fandom by Aja Romano Daily Dot, August 7, 2012.
- How to Speak Fangirl, by Aja Romano Daily Dot, August 6, 2012.
- The Boy Who Lived Forever by Lev Grossman, Time, July 7, 2011.
- I’m Done Explaining Why Fanfic is Okay by Aja Romano, May 5 2010.
- In Defense of Fanfiction by Becca Schaeffer, The Horn Book, November/December, 2009.
- When Harry Met Bella by Liz Burns and Carlie Webber, School Library Journal, August 1, 2009.
- All Shapes of Hunger, Teenagers and Fanfiction by Rebecca C. Moore, VOYA, April 2005.
- Too Good to be True: 150 Years of Mary Sue, by Pat Pflieger American Culture Association Conference March 31, 1999, San Diego, CA.
Fan Works Archives and Resources
- Archive of Our Own (created through the Organization of Transformative Works)
- Authors: Fans turned Pro
- Organization of Transformative Works (OTW)
Fandom Programming: Welcome to Night Vale Listening Party