So, you have a title you’d like us to review? Great!
First, check out the CBLDF’s Working with Libraries! A Handbook for Comics Creators to get a sense of the audience we serve here at NFNT. It’s a PDF, and will take no time to read, but it’s packed with info!
Just to be clear about the purpose of this site:
- We DO review graphic novels for children, teens, and adults. We also review anime movies and TV programs for the same age ranges.
- We DO review a few prose titles that are directly related to graphic novels, including titles like biographies of comics creators, guides to comics, and critical essay collections. Nonetheless, our main focus remains on comics.
- When we say graphic novels, we mean graphic novels: so, titles told in the format of sequential art (featuring panels, text, word balloons, and art in sequence). We DO NOT review illustrated novels, story-boarded screenplays, or picture books.
- Because they are difficult for many librarians to find and circulate, at this time we also DO NOT review mini-comics. Any books submitted for review should be in a bound paperback or hardcover format.
- At this point we DO NOT review webcomics. We would like to, and hope to someday, but for right now we can only review webcomics that have been or will soon be published in book form.
- We only review things a library can collect — bound graphic novels and those prose books directly related to graphic novels. While you may send comic books if a collected volume is in the process of being printed, but we cannot review comic books at this time. We will only review anime that is available on DVD or Blu-Ray. We cannot review anime that is streaming only.
- No Flying No Tights is not a “recommend only” review site. We encourage our reviewers to state their full opinions of the strengths and weaknesses of a work, as long as they can back up their thoughts with examples from the work.